Urban Food Fest street food & night markets take place every Saturday in Shoreditch, London, from 5pm to midnight with free entry for everyone. There are 15 different trucks and stalls, serving gourmet global street food dishes
LONDON: SHOREDITCH HIGH STREET
||Every Saturday night until 19 December 2015
||Euro Car Parks, 162-167 Shoreditch High Street, Shoreditch, London, E1 6HU
||5pm to Midnight
||Read More : URBAN FOOD FEST
Rubbish and recycling
Residents of our estates have recently Complained about dumped furniture and bulky items, Mattresses, etc, are being left near the Estate Bins! Please Note there is a Area next to the Recycling Bins/Communal Waste Bins, were Bulky Waste such as furniture goes, Please do not leave your rubbish on a car park space, Please do not move the bins. If you have Bulky Waste see below to have it collected by Hackney Homes. Thank You.
Most household waste is recyclable and can be put in the mixed recycling bins. Please put all your waste and recycling inside the bins. Do not dump anything next to the bins or anywhere else on your estate or street. Dumped waste is dangerous, against the law, attracts rats and ruins the area for everyone.
Furniture, electricals and bulky items
Hackney Homes offer a free collection service for bulky items for residential properties only.
They will remove up to five items per collection and will make up to four collections per household each year. You can only have one collection of five items per day.
Read More at : Hackney Council Website – Recycling and Waste Services
L O N D O N F I E L D S W A R D F O R U M
Tuesday, 24th March, 2015 at 7.00 pm
Come along to the Next London Fields Ward Forum
Tuesday 24th March 2015
Morland Community Hall, Gayhurst Road, E8 3EY.
See the Flyer for a Map
Local ward councillors are responsible for representing the people who live in this area, on a wide variety of issues. Councillors (also known as Members) are normally elected for four year terms, and are elected by local people to plan, run, monitor and develop Council services.
Councillors work to improve the quality of life for people within their area and make decisions about local issues. They have to decide what is in the public interest amidst a range of conflicting issues and views. Councillors usually represent a Political Party, although can be Independent.
All Councillors represent all the citizens in their ward.
Web : London Fields Ward Information
HALF TERM AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK
15 – 22 February
From Lego sculptures to track cycling, there’s something for the whole family to discover at the Park this half term.
BRICKS IN THE SKY EXHIBITION
Explore an exhibition of London-inspired models made entirely from LEGO® bricks before spotting the real things from the 80m viewing platform!
PARK TRAILS AND TOURS
Explore the Park on a guided walking tour, boat ride or set off on your own adventure with a free trail guide!
SPORTS SESSIONS FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Get active this half term with a range of indoor sports designed especially for the school holidays!
FAMILY ACTIVITIES ON THE PARK
Bring the whole family along and explore the Park this half term!
- Introduce the children to new sports such as badminton and basketball at the Copper Box Arena.
- Take a trip up the ArcelorMittal Orbit and view the amazing skyline as well as gaining a sneak preview on how the Stadium is transforming.
- Take a cycle around the mountain bike course, experience the BMX course or try a lap of the Velodrome (suitable for older children as inductions are required) at the Lee Valley VeloPark.
- Play a game of tennis or introduce the children to hockey at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre.
- Swim in the world class London Aquatics Centre.
- Try one of the classes at the Timber Lodge such as kids’ Zumba,
- Re-live the spirit of the London 2012 Games through the 2012 Trail.
- Play in the amazing play areas across the Park – with Tumbling Bay in the north of the Park and the areas of climbing walls, interactive music rooms and more in the south of the Park.