A few words from the Chair person of Alden & Broadway Tenants & Residents Association: “The main aims of the Alden and Broadway TRA, is to work with Hackney Homes and its partners in order too improve services and our estate environment, to promote the residents involvement, to recognize diversity, Create Social activities for residents to […]
Come along to a ‘Family Fun Day at ‘Young Hackney Forest Road‘ E8 3BY.
Saturday 28th February 2015 – 12.00 – 3.00pm
Face Painting, Climbing Wall, Raffle, Information Stalls and lots more Fun for the Whole Family
See Below for directions
HALF TERM AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK
15 – 22 February
From Lego sculptures to track cycling, there’s something for the whole family to discover at the Park this half term.
BRICKS IN THE SKY EXHIBITION
Explore an exhibition of London-inspired models made entirely from LEGO® bricks before spotting the real things from the 80m viewing platform!
PARK TRAILS AND TOURS
Explore the Park on a guided walking tour, boat ride or set off on your own adventure with a free trail guide!
SPORTS SESSIONS FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Get active this half term with a range of indoor sports designed especially for the school holidays!
FAMILY ACTIVITIES ON THE PARK
Bring the whole family along and explore the Park this half term!
- Introduce the children to new sports such as badminton and basketball at the Copper Box Arena.
- Take a trip up the ArcelorMittal Orbit and view the amazing skyline as well as gaining a sneak preview on how the Stadium is transforming.
- Take a cycle around the mountain bike course, experience the BMX course or try a lap of the Velodrome (suitable for older children as inductions are required) at the Lee Valley VeloPark.
- Play a game of tennis or introduce the children to hockey at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre.
- Swim in the world class London Aquatics Centre.
- Try one of the classes at the Timber Lodge such as kids’ Zumba,
- Re-live the spirit of the London 2012 Games through the 2012 Trail.
- Play in the amazing play areas across the Park – with Tumbling Bay in the north of the Park and the areas of climbing walls, interactive music rooms and more in the south of the Park.
The Hackney Hub opened it’s doors to guests on the 8th January 2015, They have had some brilliant volunteers and some amazing dishes being created.
A weekly meal takes place on a Thursday lunchtime at the New Kingshold Centre on Ainsworth St. They have a fantastic kitchen and dining space and have strong links with other community organisations. Offering a 3 course vegetarian meal for anyone who would benefit from it.
The Hub is a safe and welcoming place for you to come along and meet some friendly people and share a hot, nutritious meal. There are also opportunities available for you to volunteer!
Open every Thursday lunchtime at the New Kingshold Centre on Ainsworth St in Hackney, The centre is just off of Well Street, and is easily accessible by bus.
Every Thursday 12pm – See the Website Below
St John’s Soup Kitchen is open every Tuesday from 7.30pm to 9pm.
They provide a sit down vegetarian meal of soup and bread, followed by a pudding.
If You know anyone who is Homeless or a rough Sleeper on the Street Please do pass on the information to them or if you have no money for food the Soup kitchen is available every tuesday, they are always looking for donations of Food, etc for the Soup kitchen and for Volunteers, thats the email below if you want to get in touch with them, or for more information.
No referral is needed, but they are not able to cater for children.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Soup Kitchen flyer from the bottom of this page.
Free sport and physical activities delivered by specialist coaches
in sport and leisure facilities across Hackney.
List of some of the activities available below :
Archery, AthleFIT, Badminton, Boccia, Brazilian dance,
Chair-based activity, Cricket, Fit to tone, Gym, Pilates,
Swimming for beginners, Tennis, Walking football, Yoga +
Read More at: http://www.hackney.gov.uk/new-age-games.htm
No need to book – just turn up at the first session. They will make every effort to accommodate you, but participation is on a first come first served basis.
If you’d like to try something new or haven’t participated before, just turn up at the session. You can print and complete your health declaration form (PDF, 29KB) and take it along to save time.